Wednesday 21 December 2016

Day 21 - Some Hearts (At Christmas Time) - Low

Deep joy! A new Christmas track from Low.

Odd to think when I ran with 'Just Like Christmas' on the 1st Advent Calendar in 2006 - though even then the track was seven years old - it was distinctly alternative and pretty obscure. Still alternative, I guess but, with the rise of stations like 6Music, the track has becomes something of a anomalous Yuletide standard since then.

Now Low return with another festive offering with that odd other-worldliness that seems to take place just off the main refrain. I first heard this driving in my car and I thought I had problems with my tyres / wheels (Don't try it - just take my word for it)

Unlikely to follow 'Just Like Christmas' into the hearts of the cognoscenti I feel, but worth hearing for all that.


No comments:

Post a Comment