Sunday 25 December 2016

Day 25 - Deck The Halls / Bring A Torch Jeanette Isabella - Smokey Robinson And The Miracles

I got an email the other day: 'I wonder what will be the 10th Anniversary 25th day song?" it asked.

Well, don't ask me. As I sat down to write this I had no idea barring, Christmas Day falling on a Sunday this year, it would have to be a Carol. As I never tire of saying - let me rephrase - as I constantly tire of saying, this is a random list; not a countdown or a best of.

As it happens I found this last thing and, as it features the wondrous Smokey singing a Carol that hasn't found it's way onto the Calendar yet, it ticks all the boxes. It's rather lovely too.

The second part of the Carol - Bring A Torch - is a 17th Century one that originates from the Provence region of France and tells of the visitors to the stable coming silently carrying just candles and torches. The tradition of travelling silently to church carrying just a light, continues today in that region.

Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment